Monday, September 26, 2011

To Kill A Mockingbird and Getting Married

Random title, I know. I recently re-read To Kill A Mockingbird.  It has probably been at least five years since the last time, so I enjoyed it a lot more this time around. My sophomore class that I am student-teaching is reading it, so I thought I would read ahead, to make sure I remembered everything. It has some seriously deep messages that I never caught the other times I read it! Loved it! Wish I could say the same for the sophomores....they just aren't getting into it. Part of me feels that the way it is beeing presented is a big factor. I did not design the unit. My CT (cooperating teacher) did. She has been teaching 40 years and possesses a wealth of knowledge about teaching, but has a completely different philosophy on students than I do. She knows that she is a very structured teacher and has said that she enjoys my "new" activities and ideas! So, we are learning from each other.

Studnet-teaching is going slowly. I am not enjoying it as much as I thought I would. I just get sooooo frustrated that I can't do what I want with the students. That's okay, though. Someday I will, hopefully, have my very own classroom and being able to teach the way I would like!

Also...I am getting married in 4 days!!! AAAAAAAH! Still not sure what I was thinking, when I decided to get married during student-teaching. This is one stressful week! I have 2 of my professor observations this week and it is a week of my KPTP teaching. I am crazy! Oh well.... I have decided that Thursday night (the bachelorette party) will be my cue to give up all stress and frustration until the following Monday. I am determined to be completely and wonderfully happy and stress-free for my weddding. I will soon be Mrs. Langenwalter! Eeek! : D

That is about it for me today. Headed to a CCHS Board meeting and then to my Momma's for some homemade Tortilla Soup!! YUMMMM!

The book I am reading now is "Cowboy" by (I can't remember the name.

I also saw that one of my follower's read The Persian Pickle Club! Great book! Another great Sandra Dallas read is Alice's Tulips! Amazing!

TTFN

No poems today. Sorry. :(

Cowboy : 2.5 **
To Kill A Mockingbird : 5*****

No comments:

Post a Comment