Monday, September 19, 2011

Poems - Week 2

I realize that I am attempting to catch up on 3 months of blogging in ten minutes, but what do you expect from someone who is planning a wedding, student teaching, working as a waitress, and attempting to keep the house semi-clean....?
So, here is my second poem, that was supposed to be a bout a memory. Yes, it is a cop-out because it is not traumatic, but hey its a memory nonetheless.....

Rodeo Dreams

Saddle soap and leather
Blend into
An intoxicating haze.
I go back –
Back to the days
Of Daddy and Daughter.

Marty Robbins melody
Drifting from
A vintage victrola,
While a worn saddle
And sofa arm
Become a
Bucking bronco .
Like sugarplum fairies
Rodeo clowns and Cowboys
Danced through my mind
Taking me to another time.

An innocent time
Of make believe –
Precious, to be cherished
For years and years
In memory….

Nice memory, but not a favorite in the way of poems...

No comments:

Post a Comment