Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Mrs. Langenwalter :)

Woohoo! I am finally married! Hopefully, I can upload some pictures to the blog and mess with the design soon. I wish I knew more about blogging, it would be nice to customize it a little more! I haven't read a new book lately. I need to make it to the library soon! I am reading The Girl of the Limberlost by Gene Stratton Porter. It was written in 1909 so the language is a little antiquated, but it is still a wonderful story! Porter is one of my favorite Victorian authors. She was also a naturalist so her books are rich in details! That is about all I have in the way of books...hope to find another Mark Childress novel at the library tonight!

Couple funny little poems, no great works of art! :)

Ode to Moe
Low rider
In flowing black
Prancing
Through your kingdom…
An intruder!!
A foe twice your size
With huge fangs and claws.
You attack!!
Fighting and snarling
The battle rages.
You win, of course.
Dachshunds always do!

Ode to Poem
Oh, poem…
You.
You are so fickle
And
New.
Form what is form?
Is rhyme
The point
This time?
No. Its VOICE.
You want to hear my voice.

2 comments:

  1. i wish i knew how to customize mine too :( everybody always has such unique blog designs and i only know how to use the ones that it gives me.. if you figure it out let me know Mrs. Langenwalter!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete