Monday, September 19, 2011

Last post of today...and more poems!

Ok, so this will be my last blog message of the day, as I need to get back to the hell that is KPTP (student-teaching research paper for those non-ed people). A book that I read recently is The Persian Pickle Club, by Sandra Dallas. It is AMAZING, and I truly enjoyed it. It is about a group of women during the Dust Bowl who join together through quilting. It may sound all boring and Debbi Macomber - ish, but the ending provides a wonderful twist! Oh and last, but not least, here are some more fabulous poems. I hope the format looks okay, because I cannot view my blog, I can only post. Darn school computer blockers....


3 poems for your enjoyment...Are they getting any better??????

The Secret of Literacy

Brittle bindings,
Creaking with age,
Embrace fragile parchment
Coated with dust.
Somewhere,
In these ancient pages,
Hidden beneath the black type -
Castles.
Dragons.
A Princess.
Trapped in a world
Of darkness.
Just waiting,
For one who will free them
Into
Imagination.


Equine Optics

Feathery fringe frames
The deep dark depths
Of velvety brown.
Trust is ever-present
In the window to his soul.


Squirrel
Bushy-tailed busybody
Chattering to all who can hear
Darting around
To and fro
Up and down
Around the trees
Into the street…………..

No comments:

Post a Comment