Thursday, October 20, 2011

Backseat Saints by Joshilyn Jackson

Yep, another Southern novel! I absolutely loved this book. Personally, I thought it was better than Gods in Alabama, but if you read one, you really should read the other. Gods in Alabama is told from Arlena's view and Backseat Saints is told from Rose Mae's view. Both of these girls went to the same high school and were part of Jim Beverly's disappearance senior year. I would suggest that one reads Gods in Alabam, first. it provides a little more background that is nice to have for Backseat Saints. This is another Southern gothic, dirty realism novel. Completely loved this one and would recommend it to anyone, over 16yo. :)
I will give it a 4.5. The only reason I don't give it a 5, is because I rarely give any novel a 5. :)
Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. First of all, your wedding picture is beautiful! What a lovely bride! I have heard of this first book before, but I haven't read it. Yet.... :) I am now adding it to my list. I think I have added most of your books to my list. Thought of you yesterday. I read a book called Nothing, and I think the author was something Tetter. It would make a great companion piece to Lord of the Flies. Very interesting and a quick read. Just a thought....

    ReplyDelete