Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The Goldilocks of Genealogy

:)

So Van, my uncle, has aptly named me the 'Goldilocks of Genealogy' because I flit around between all of my research lines looking to find one that is 'just right'. It is nice to be able to take a break from my dad's side to work on my mom's side, or from my tree to my fiance's. Yesterday was a busy day for my little ancestry.com account! I worked on it for a total of about 5 hours yesterday (not all at once). I was able to take my fiance's tree back 5 gen. and start my Grandpa Kenzy's tree (he is not my biological gpa, so his tree is diffierent from mine). I really enjoy the research, even if it is not for my own background.

My reading has not advanced past 'The Harvester' as I have been very busy!

The two colts were gelded yesterday and then I had to head in town for woodcarving with my grandma. I am working on a hound dog and a cowboy. the cowboy is taking a while to finish as it was just a blank and not roughed out. Anyhow, more plans for ancestry research today and hopefully I can finish that book!

1 comment: