Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Secret History by Donna Tartt (so far)

This book is utterly amazing so far, in that I have to literally force myself to quit reading it each time. It is extremely long and I am around page 400 of 570. It is split into two halves (book 1 and book 2). The first half was very interesting and contained a lot of literary reference which, as an English major, I enjoy immensely! The second half is getting very interesting and the characters are traveling more quickly towards evil. The book is essentially Dionysian and there is much emphasis on the unbalance of the morality and true consciousness. I cannot give away too much, in case one decides to read this book, but there have been two murders thus far, and I predict more to come......

No comments:

Post a Comment