Thursday, December 9, 2010

The Secret History - Finished

This was a really good book! I read it for my English Department Book Club and had a really good time discussing it at our meeting. I think that it does play to a certain audience because you have to appreciate literature enough to make sense of many of the quotes that are used. However, I think more people would enjoy it than it seems, because it is very unpredictable and fairly twisted. There is murder, intrigue, incest, and all kinds of crazy things in it! I highly recommend that evryone at least start reading it, by then you will be hooked. It is a little over 500 pages, but well worth the time spent!

1 comment:

  1. When I first saw the title I thought someone had done a sequel to Procopius' Secret History. I'm glad to see you're not reviewing X-rated books! lol

    ReplyDelete