Thursday, October 28, 2010

Paper Towns by John Green

What an awesome author for young adults!! I was recommended this book by a teacher I am observing in ACHS, who teaches seniors. It is a young adult novel, but I would not give it to anyone below a junior, because of sexual content and discussion of suicide. However, if the student were mature enough to handle it, I think they would really get a lot out of the book. I have been running out of time to read lately, so I am only a hundred or so pages into it, but it is hard to put down. I keep it by my bed so I can work on it each night and each time I read a good 15 minutes past the time I want to go to sleep.
So far, this boy, Quentin has live beside this girl, Margo, his entire life. When they were really young the found a guy who had been shot while they were riding their bikes. It flashes forward to senior year of high school and they are no longer best friends. But one night, Margo comes to his window and takes him on an adventure all over town. The next day at school she is missing, She has left clues for Q to find her, but they are very difficult. So far, everyone either thinks she committed suicide or will be back soo. Q thinks it is suicide.
I cannot wait to read more, as I am very interested into what has happened to her!

No comments:

Post a Comment