Thursday, June 9, 2011

"The Glass Castle" and "Half-Broke Horses" By Jeannette Walls

These were both amazing books! I give them both 5 out of 5 and think that they would appeal to most people. The first novel is a memoir of the author's life, but is told as a work of fiction to prevent it from being so dull. The second book is the author writing a memoir of her grandmother's life. they are both wonderful and I sped through them very quickly. They are the first two novels that this author has ever written and are very well done!!

1 comment:

  1. I am going to start referring to your blog more when looking for things to read. I also loved both of Wall's books. I have read almost all of the books on the right, so I will add the remainders to my list of things to read. I really loved The Midwife - difficult book but one of my favorites. Working through Water for Elephants next. My mom really liked it. I hope you are able to keep up on your reading. I am going to let hannah, mariah, and Katie know they need to check out your blog.

    ReplyDelete