Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Lucy by Laurence Gonzales

This is a really interesting book. I came upon it by chance and surprised myself by actually enjoying it! I would say this book is science fiction, which is not usually a genre I turn to. It is about a girl who is born in the jungle to a scientist who created her as a hybrid human. She was created with the genes of an ape. Anyhow, her father is killed and another scientist adopts her w/o knowing what she is. They return to the U.S. and the scientist, Jenny, falls in love with the girl like it is her own daughter and realizes her genetic abnormality. Therefore, they decide to keep it a secret in order to avoid crazy scientist and publicity. That obviously does not work out and the resulting mayhem occurs. There is actually a happy ending to the story, so don't be discouraged. It was a good book, not the best, but entertaining enough that I finished it in two days! I am not sure exactly how long it took to read, but I would guess 4 hours or so.  I would give it a 7 out of 10....

No comments:

Post a Comment