Monday, January 16, 2012

Daughter of Joy by Kathleen Morgan

I finally finished a book! I have definitely been going through a dry spell lately because I have been busy around the house. Anyhow, this book is really pretty good. It is definitely not the next #1 best-seller, but it is a sweet story full of inspiration. Categorically, it is an inspirational, historical romance. The novel follows a young woman, who has lost both her husband and son, to the Culdee Creek Ranch where she meets a man named Conor Mackay and his daughter, Beth. She eventually ends up falling for Conor, but encounters many trials and tribulations. It is a quick read and doesn't require too much concentration, so I was able to read it when students were reading while I subbed. I really like that at the beginning of each chapter, is a quote from the bible which suits the events in the story. I give this novel a 3 and I recommend it for women who enjoy books about the strenght of faith in God.
http://www.kathleenmorgan.com/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment